A Philips Sonicare warranty eases the minds of prospective customers. Many people who come to research Sonicare toothbrush reviews are also keen to learn more about the Philips Sonicare warranty.
It is always reassuring to know that a solid warranty from Philips company takes away almost all your risk when you buy one of the Sonicare electric toothbrush models.
Philips Sonicare warranty: Why does it matter so much?
There’s only one thing to say about the Philips Sonicare warranty – it offers peace of mind.
After spending hours on researching the best toothbrushes, reading through dozens of reviews and finding the best Sonicare model, you have this feeling that this it. You are ready to order. But still, there is a slight hesitation. A kind of nervousness before pressing the ‘buy now’ button.
At the back of your mind is this question: “What if this Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush stops working? Or is defective?”
You don’t have to worry or have doubts about that. An iron-clad Philips Sonicare warranty protects your interests.
It promises to take back every Sonicare model in the market that is somehow defective. No quibbling or arguing. It is crystal-clear and exhaustive in its coverage. There are NO excuses or ‘weasel clauses’ that allow manufacturers to escape from honoring legitimate claims on faulty products.
With the solid backing of the Philips Sonicare warranty, you can be confident and secure in your purchase – knowing that you are fully supported by the company and the warranty.
Need More Convincing? Read On!
If you are not fully convinced and need more solid arguments, let’s dig deeper into the Philips Sonicare warranty and
- check out aspects like what it covers and the time period of coverage.
- understand why the company offers this complete guarantee.
- understand the wild popularity of the Philips Sonicare models and
- discover why people flock to replace their old Sonicare toothbrush model with only another Sonicare when the time comes to replace or upgrade.
What’s the Philips Sonicare Warranty?
In plain and simple terms here’s what the Philips Sonicare Warranty means to you as a customer.
Philips Oral Healthcare Inc. mandates to replace a defective Sonicare electric toothbrush handle or charger. The defect can be either in workmanship or materials and if you bring it to their notice within 2 years of the original purchase, they will replace it.
With the Sonicare warranty, as a retail customer you have specific legal rights which are applicable anywhere in the world and covers the charger and handle of all Sonicare toothbrushes.
You will find that the Philips Sonicare Warranty is printed on a label and affixed to the outside of the box of the Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes bought either in the United States or Canada.
It has the following words –
“Use Sonicare model number ______ for 90 days. If you aren’t 100% satisfied, for any reason at all, we’ll give you a full refund.”
A bolder promise on top reads: Better check-ups guaranteed!
These two brief statements sum up the Philips Sonicare warranty – which is a much more detailed statement, is legally valid and explains the warranty in detail.
Buy With Confidence
A new buyer only needs the brief affirmation to feel reassured. It gives a buyer all about the Philips Sonicare warranty and clears your doubts like
- Can I give it a try without taking any risk?
- What if it’s not to my liking?
- In case it doesn’t work the way I hope it will, what to do?
- What if there is damage due to shipping or wrong handling?
In this statement, the Philips Sonicare warranty answers your every doubt. What it essentially says is: Go ahead, be bold, try it… we have your back.
- Use the Sonicare electric toothbrush.
- Test it for 90 days.
- At the end of this period if you are not happy with it for some reason, or want to return the product you will get full refund with no questions asked!
Do you want to understand the Philips Sonicare Warranty?
Maybe a friend or a dentist recommended the toothbrush to you or you are ready to try it after reading our Sonicare electric toothbrush review of a particular model.
But as a first-time buyer of Sonicare toothbrush you are looking for more reassurance as you are not sure an electric toothbrush is good replacement for a manual one, or whether Sonicare models are the right fit for you. If doubts plague you and you simply cannot figure this out – until you try it out.
With 90 days to check for yourself if a particular Sonicare electric toothbrush model suits you or is what you were looking for, it is really a no-brainer to go for the model you most like. With such a firm money back guarantee there is no need to hesitate.
Sonicare Warranty : Is It Legit?
Some wonder if the Philips Sonicare Warranty is legitimate.
Only a skeptic will have doubts even about such a bold and clear assertion made by the Philips Sonicare warranty right on packaging. It is not buried deep inside the packaging or the user manual but stuck right on the outside of the box.
But you may nurture doubts because it is not inside the user manual itself. Even on the website of the Phillips Sonicare toothbrush company you cannot easily locate the Philips Sonicare warranty.
Be assured though that the Philips Sonicare warranty with money back guarantee exists. It is official and legally valid and it is operational. There is absolutely no doubt about it.
And many have made use of it when they found the particular model or design not suited to their particular needs.
Activating the Philips Sonicare Warranty?
The process of activating the Philips Sonicare warranty is rather straightforward. The steps aren’t clearly laid out anywhere on the Philips Sonicare website but it is better to know how to do this and we are here to help.
Just call the customer care number to activate your Philips Sonicare warranty.
The number to do this is 1800-682-7664 in the US, or 0207 949 0240 in the UK. Ask for a MBG return authorization form. (MBG – Money Back Guarantee).
Or you can go to their website and speak to their Live Chat support team and follow the steps outlined below.
Keep the following information handy before placing the call. To activate the Philips Sonicare warranty, you will need:
- Sonicare model number printed at the bottom of unit.
- the serial number of your electric toothbrush
- your personal details like name, address, email address, and contact phone number
You will receive a Philips Sonicare warranty authorization form by email after you give the above information over either phone or live chat.
On the form you will find a reference number that links your request for money back guarantee to your profile. This helps the company keep track of your refunds and returns.
Along with the form you will receive a document that has details on activating your Philips Sonicare warranty and the address of the place to which you need to ship the electric toothbrush that is either faulty.
Is the Philips Sonicare Warranty universally applicable?
But you need to be aware that sometimes the company comes up with promotions and offers when it explicitly excludes the Philips Sonicare warranty.
So if you are not sure, ask for the information which will usually be displayed on side of the box or in any manual that is supplied with it or in any letter that is included with the shipment.
Remember that the legal disclaimer on the Philips Sonicare website states very clearly that certain terms and conditions might be changed from time to time and without prior notice.
It is your responsibility to check for any changes made and keep yourself informed when buying or requesting money back.
Barring very unusual circumstances, the Sonicare guarantee extends to all its models and purchases – including yours.
Procedure to claim Philips Sonicare Warranty
Let’s examine the procedure to claim the Philips Sonicare warranty.
The Philips company offers a complete guarantee on all its Sonicare electric toothbrush models. You should follow a set of steps to get the refund request processed right.
There are very good reasons for this. That’s why the company insists on everyone following these steps. Without these steps there will be unnecessary delays and confusion.
It is in your best interests to follow the procedure as laid out by the Philips Sonicare warranty so it is implemented right and your request is processed without questions.
MBG Procedure – Step by Step
1. This is no brainer. Hold on to the original bills issued when you bought the Sonicare electric toothbrush. Both the offline retailer or online e-commerce site will issue this at the time of buying/delivery.
Collect and keep it safe. Online purchases come with email invoices. Keep it saved in a folder or save a hard copy and print it out for use later.
2. Retain the original packaging. The electric toothbrush is sensitive and may be damaged if not packed right when you return it to the company. If you have the original packing materials it can be safely be shipped back to the manufacturer in the same condition that it was delivered to you.
3. If you speak to the customer service personnel, they will mail you the requisite forms like the returns form and tag with a unique reference number that will be linked to your profile. Make sure you fill the form when returning the product.
4. Complete the form and send it by pre-paid registered mail to the Philips North America Returns. Save the tracking number provided by the courier company for future reference. The address is on the company’s website.
5. In the package include the filled form, original receipts along with the defective Philips Sonicare toothbrush packed in original packing and your street address for the refund check to be mailed back to you. A P.O. Box address is not accepted.
6. It is better to retain a copy of the receipts and forms that you sent with your Philips Sonicare warranty request, including the tracking number of your postal package for future reference.
What conditions apply for an MBG under Philips Sonicare Warranty?
If you request the Phillips Sonicare warranty to honor its money back guarantee and offer a refund for your purchase there are certain conditions that you need to fulfil for this to proceed further:
- Toothbrush that you are sending back should be in working condition
- Send back the toothbrush in original packaging
- Refund amount will not exceed the actual price you bought it for nor exceed the recommended retail price.
- You should send it back within the 90-day period. There are no concessions for holidays or weekends. So do it much before the end date.
Here it needs to be clarified that you cannot use the toothbrush for full 90 days and ship it after that as it would void the Philips Sonicare warranty.
Instead, ship it at least 10 days or a week earlier to allow for shipping time and any postal delays. Waiting till the last week is not a good idea if you want the Philips Sonicare warranty to be enforced.
A quick checklist:
- You will pay for the cost of shipping the product back to the company.
- It is also your responsibility to safely deliver the product back at the address mentioned by the manufacturer.
- We would recommend that you send it by trackable postal or courier service.
- You will get the money about 6-8 weeks from the time the company receives the toothbrush.
- You will receive the refund in the form of a check. This will come to your home or contact address.
- If you send back a broken/damaged brush or if you violate any of the terms of purchase during promotions or warranty clauses, the company may not honor your claim.
Can you return multiple toothbrushes under a Philips Sonicare warranty?
It is not mentioned anywhere that only one refund request will be processed. However, it is best to use common sense. It’s likely that only one return from a household will be honored.
Another word of caution here.
In case you think it’s a good idea to keep buying and returning Sonicare models in a bid to find the perfect toothbrush that satisfies your tastes, you might end up being disappointed.
The company may turn down your repeated requests for refund.
What Does A Sonicare Warranty Cover?
Sonicare electric toothbrush users are mostly delighted by how well the brushes clean their teeth, how fresh they make them feel, their durability and their trouble-free operation for long periods.
And on top of all this the Philips Sonicare warranty offers such peace of mind.
Knowing you can get a refund if your purchase is not to your liking, taste or needs is a big assurance. And if the model has some defect or problem due to manufacturing it will be replaced.
Every Sonicare electric toothbrush is well-built and designed to last. But there are also fragile components as it has several moving parts and is powered by batteries.
There’s always the chance that it might have breakdowns or damage during shipping. A Philips Sonicare warranty covers you for all such eventualities.
How Long Is the Warranty on Sonicare Toothbrushes?
The Philips Sonicare warranty is two years long and is a comprehensive one and covers the brush against any manufacturing defects in the toothbrush and malfunctioning defects.
But the money back guarantee, under which you return the Philips Sonicare toothbrush for a money refund is only 90 days long.
The warranty applies for purchases in Canada and USA. For international purchases the terms and conditions might be slightly different.
There are options to extend your Philips Sonicare warranty by registering your toothbrush at the Sonicare website and requesting a warranty extension at no extra cost. The additional time frame can be 6-30 months.
Remember that the Philips Sonicare warranty starts on the day of your purchase. Even if you start using it only 3 months later, the date of purchase still marks the start of your warranty period.
Registering Your Sonicare Toothbrush Has Benefits
It is good idea to register the Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush as soon as you buy it. You can do it at Sonicare.com/register/
The process is simple and fairly easy to do. Also, it is free.
- To register and create an account you need an email id.
- Choose a suitable password and save it in a place you will remember to look. You can even connect it to your social media accounts if you so wish.
- The updates from Sonicare models can reach your email box or social media feeds through this process.
- After activation of your account, pick your model of Sonicare electric toothbrush from the drop-down menu of models.
- Scan a copy of receipt or include your digital invoice as proof that you purchased the product.
- This is confirmed. After that, the company will list your Sonicare toothbrush as a device you own inside your account.
From inside your account, you can get access to a ton of information regarding your toothbrush including user manuals, FAQs, support literature, and troubleshooting tips.
The Sonicare App
Smart electric toothbrush Sonicare models support the Sonicare app.
You can register on the app. It is compatible with both Android and iOS smart phones and tablets. It is simpler, easier and more convenient too when your pair your toothbrush to the app.
- Before registration connect your toothbrush to the app.
- Next select Support feature to go the Product Registration selection.
- Once there, just follow instructions to complete your registration.
Does Philips Offer Extended Warranty on Sonicare Electric Toothbrushes?
Registration is one way to extend your Philips Sonicare warranty. The company automatically offers a 6-month extension of warranty when you register with them.
If you hope to extend the warranty to 5 years, it can’t be done even by paying extra.
What Does Your Warranty Cover?
The warranty is valid only when you use the product according to the operating instructions. If misused or damaged due to negligence the warranty will not cover it.
The Philips Sonicare warranty runs for 2 years from date of purchase. In case of manufacturing defect or fault Sonicare undertakes to replace the toothbrush at no cost.
So when can you seek the cover under the Philips Sonicare warranty?
You are eligible to claim a refund or replacement under the warranty when:
- the battery loses charge rapidly
- battery life is much shorter than advertised.
- power button doesn’t work properly
- when brushing it suddenly stops working
- speed is all over the place with no reason.
Scratches or streaks on handle are cosmetic defects and the Sonicare warranty will not cover it.
Also excluded are damages due to the following reasons:
- opening the handle interior to repair it yourself
- incorrect or improper usage
- misuse or accidents during use
- water damage
- dirt damage
- damage due to regular wear and tear
- repairs carried out by unauthorized agents
- negligence and lack of normal maintenance
Does a Philips Sonicare warranty mean repairs are free?
Yes, with an active warranty on your Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush if there is any fault in the device it can be repaired for free.
You don’t have to wait until they fix your toothbrush. Philips Sonicare will usually send you another working toothbrush as replacement.
The replacement unit ships out to you after you provide all the details about proof of purchase and nature of defect etc. The only cost you’ll incur is for shipping your product to Sonicare’s repair centre.
If the Live web chat or during the telephone conversation with their help centre determines that the toothbrush has a manufacturing defect that cannot be fixed, the company might ask you to dispose it off. They will send you a replacement at no cost to you.
But don’t do it without determining if that is what Sonicare wishes you to do as they want the defective product to explore the fault to avoid it from happening again. It will help them fix problems in their quality audit.
Is Receipt Essential for Enforcing Warranty?
Yes, it is one of the most essential parts as it is the only proof of your purchase. Just keep it safe where you can access it, if your Philips Sonicare Electric toothbrush starts acting up or goes dead.
If you tend to lose your receipts, register online and scan a copy of the receipt and upload it to your profile. That way you have a digital copy stored online which you can access in case you need to enforce the Philips Sonicare warranty for whatever reason.
With the scanned copy of your receipt Philips can verify your proof of ownership of a Sonicare toothbrush model.
Can you repair a Sonicare Toothbrush out of the warranty period?
The company does not offer free repair outside of the Philips Sonicare Warranty period.
Is the Philips Sonicare Warranty Valid Internationally?
Mostly the Philips Sonicare warranty terms are same throughout the world.
But there might be differences from country to country which you need to be aware of before buying a Sonicare model.
When you buy the Sonicare electric toothbrush you will get the toothbrush, the warranty conditions and contact details in case you need to call or talk to someone at Sonicare for help.
What are the exact words on the Philips Sonicare Warranty?
The exact words on the Philips Sonicare official warranty are:
“Philips warrants this product for 2 years from date of purchase. Defects because of faulty materials and workmanship will be repaired or replaced at Philips’ expense as long as there is adequate proof of purchase in the qualifying period. Philips recommends using only original Sonicare brush heads for optimal performance. If you use other brush heads it may damage the Sonicare electric toothbrush and limit warranty protection.”
Internet: www.sonicare.com (North America) or www.philips.com/support (outside North America).
EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY:
The warranty does not cover the following:
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse, neglect, alterations or unauthorized repair.
- Damage caused by unauthorized use, non-original replacement parts or unauthorized brush heads.
- Normal wear and tear, including chips, scratches, abrasions, discoloration or fading.
- Brush heads.
- If you use the product in a country where its use is not intended, you may have to use an adapter for voltage conversion. Philips cannot be held responsible for powering failures due to improper voltage supply to the appliance.
Where Can I Find More Information About This?
While we do make sure that this information is up to date as possible, it is still probable that changes may have been made since this was published.
Visit the Philips Sonicare website or contact Sonicare customer support directly over the phone or Live Chat for the latest on Sonicare warranty.
If you want to know more about the Philips Sonicare warranty policy, terms and period of cover for your product, go to the specific product page on the Philips website.